Quite old Dragon’s model. Building was easy, as usual. Painting took me a while.
Mostly because I started it during summer, when even using retarder for my acrylics didn’t fix the issue of way too fast drying. Later I couldn’t get back to it, I wasn’t doing the right progress. But I managed to finish it.
This figure is for my dad, he loves it.
Unfortunately, all decals just crumbled once I tried to use them. No matter, if I used water, of decal liquid. So forgive me last-minute painting labels on Panzerfaust.
As usual, this is painted with acrylics (Army Painter). Snow is made of PVA glue mixed with white paint. And some white soft pastel dust. I used quite a lot of pastels for weathering.
Everyone who knows me, can tell I’m having a weak spot for samurai.
So here’s SD Zaku Shogun. This one is gift from my Spouse.
Building it was piece of cake – half hour and it was put together. Some light painting and weathering were made over weekend.
Here’s WIP (each picture has a brief description):
Years ago, I won this little guy in raffle.
I never really had guts to build it, I thought it’s too complicated and will take too much time.
Turned out I was wrong about all these aspects. It was fun and quick to build.
I decided to make him look dirty, as I’m disgusted with knights in shining armours – it means they never really fought ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) [I’m not super serious about it, it’s just my preference]
As usual, hand-painted with acrylics.
Here’s my latest finished kit. It took me a while to finally put it together.
I have weak spot for opal and moonstone, so I decided to give Rathalos such unique colour scheme.
The kit is hand-painted with acrylics (Army Painter, Vallejo, Green Stuff World, Daler-Rowney Pearlscent effect: Shimmering blue).
Metal parts are painted with Mr. Metal Color (Stainless and Dark Iron).
I’ve decided to make contrasting base, hence why it’s full or warm and bright colours.
Water is made of Vallejo’s Polyurethane Gloss Varnish.
Dried lavender flowers were dyed with copic marker (Poppy. I squeezed marker to get ink into glass jar and added alcohol. I put lavender there to get it dyed).
Branches are from apple tree from my backyard. Static grass and islandmoss were used (coloured with copic as well).
I decided to go with game’s original colour scheme for this one, so it’s basically whole made in pale gold. I wanted to add some more contrast, hence why bricks on base are red and I added static grass with colourful petals.