Because E’s contest is still running (due to rules, I can’t show my entry before certain date) and I had small vacation recently, I don’t have much to show you. But, since I was asked to show pics of my cast, after I left it 3/10 rating, I’ve decided to share them with you.
Maybe I expected too much, but in my opinion it’s one of the worst kits I’ve bought at E (Pirotess was the worst. Unfortunately, I didn’t know that back then and gave quite high rating. Maybe something changed in this matter, since I bought her years ago). Or at least the worst Antihero I’ve got.
Looking at this kit and each part makes me want to put her away and never look back.
That’s probably because I was REALLY looking forward to get this kit.
I’ve paid US$ 85.31 in total for her (Price: US$ 56.02 | Shipping Price: US$ 27.29 (+ US$ 2.00)) and while I bought and pre-paid her, she was 11.69$ cheaper, because they’ve raised shipping cost later (which I had to pay, obviously).
For such price, I demand higher quality. Small parts and crystal parts makes me want to cry. On one of pics you can see part of skirt from Raqel Gothic compared to Olivia’s clear parts. They were misty, not really clear and still sanded by workshop. Small parts have large tabs making them harder to remove. I’ve tried to show how her skirt parts doesn’t fit and while trying I managed to break one skirt part (trust me, I really tried to be delicate). Also, looking at her hair… Just ugh. A lot of work ahead of me.
It’s not like I’m only bashing their casts. For example, if you’re having spare cash – you should get their Naruga X Hunter. It’s great, large kit, well casted without fitting issues. Just large tabs, which is usual for E.
Hopefully I’ll be able to show some real WIP soon.
I’ve finished this little creature. It was real pleasure to make this model. I wish there’d be more creatures like this one (nicely sculpt with fine details, which doesn’t have derp faces asking “kill me”).
Since I wanted to give it dark wings, like night’s sky, I though I’d use glitter (instead of painting stars by myself).
Vallejo paints as usual.
Because I had to finish one of painting commissions first, this little guy got delayed a little.
It’s 90% finished at the moment, I should be able to finish it soon.
Meanwhile, here’re more pics of it’s work in progress.
Here she is, valkyrie princess from Odin’s Sphere.
Not everything went way I planned, but I’ve tried my best. Especially to do something about her face. Also I failed at making crystals for her base (not really failed, they’re just still growing), so I decided to make my own “stone” and paint it to make it look like labradorite.
This time I’m working on her dress and wings. She should be finished soon. I’m not sure about her base though.
It’s going to be a little complicated – I got Copper(II) sulfate, from which I’m trying to get blue crystals for the base. Once they’ll grow up (at least some), I’ll be able to finish whole figure.