Finally I managed to finish this diorama. Deedlit was ther very first kit I bought after years-long break in modeling. It was over two years ago. I could do some things better, but I didn’t manage to. I’ll be more careful next time. I’ve made the base all by myself. Whole kit is painted with Vallejo paints.
Still, it doesn’t mean I didn’t put effort in it and I hope You’ll like it 🙂
I finished base for diorama. It’s made of polymer clay, which I had to boil. To boil, instead of baking, because our oven just died day before I made it. Meanwhile I managed to drop the whole base, but it caused no damage to it (I was REALLY lucky).
And worked a little on Deedlit. Added some hair, because her haircut was boring.
So here are few photos I took during last few weeks. Most of work was about sanding, so there wasn’t much to show.
Overall she’s primed now and only few things needs to be fixed before painting.
I spent a little time on sanding Pirotess. The most useful tool was Gaianotes’ Super stick polishing stone, which allowed me to work on such details. Though it’s still a lot of work required.
Also I’ve been working on making real wings for EVA. They need some modeling, so they’ll fit and later – painting.
Sanding goes well, especially since I got Micro-Auto Grinder Set, which makes everything easier. Unfortunately, it can’t work on small spaces, so I need to use sandpaper over details. I have no idea when I’ll finish it, but I don’t think this will take me much longer. I hope.
And my cat, Epic, approves what I’m doing!