Since sanding is boring, I couldn’t really share anything for a quite long time. But today I can share three new WIPs with you.
First figure is Sha Gojyo from Saiyuki. I’m building for my Friend. It’s E’s recast, quite good quality, expect the cape. Which needed a lot of fitting, putting and still requires some work. But once I’ll get primer, he’ll be ready for painting.
Two other, are nice busts I got, too bad they’re just re-casts. I should’ve check up original prices before buying them on local auction service.
Anyway, they’re well sculpted and doesn’t require much work. And I belive painting will be fun.
Sanding goes well, especially since I got Micro-Auto Grinder Set, which makes everything easier. Unfortunately, it can’t work on small spaces, so I need to use sandpaper over details. I have no idea when I’ll finish it, but I don’t think this will take me much longer. I hope.
There’s going to be a lot of trouble with fitting her hair, but hopefully I’ll manage it. But it’s still not that much trouble as I’ll have with her floating cloaks on her back. It would be easier to glue them already and then work with putty, but in this way it would be much harder to paint it later.
I’ve already chosen colours I’m going to paint her, though I’m still not sure if I’ll handbrush it or airbrush. She’s going to look like in TV series.
I almost finished sanding dress’ surface, so I decided to try how parts fit each other. As it’s visible on photos, there’s quite big gap which needs to be filled. But I don’t think it’ll be really a problem.